Sunday, September 23, 2007

done!

Well, I'm finally done with the past 3 weeks of training for my new reading tutoring program. Whew! Tomorrow I finish up working on schedules and start doing some special ed inclusion. From what I've heard, that should be interesting...more so because of the teachers I'll be working with rather than the kids.

I had to move classrooms...AGAIN!!! We've had about 100 more kids enroll than expected so they've had to hire more teachers. So first I moved out of my own classroom into my new friend Leigh Ann's room with her. But then a week ago, we got booted out and had to move in with another special ed teacher. So there are 3 of us crammed into 1 room that's smaller than all my rooms from the past 7 years. Nice! It's taught me that I have way too much stuff! And most of it is already in my spare bedroom! But like I've said before, teachers hate to give stuff away, and for all I know I could be back in the classroom next year and need it all again. But let's hope not! :)

I still miss my old friends from my last 2 schools. It's hard getting to know a whole new staff. And not really being on an official grade level makes it a little harder. But I've really enjoyed being able to help out as a support teacher. Our faculty meeting lasted over 2 hours last week, but it didn't really bother me that much because half the stuff that was covered didn't have anything to do with me. I still feel a little guilty because of that, but I'm trying to get over it. :) Tuesday night I'm having dinner with 3 of my closest teammates from my 1st school. We try to get together about once a month.

Not a whole lot else has been going on lately. I got to hang out with my good buddies Jill and Demian this weekend. That was so much fun it made me dizzy! :) And a "first" happened for me today...I successfully operated a lawnmower at a friend's house. I feel bad to say that I've never done that before, but I haven't. I used to help rake sometimes when I was growing up, but I had never mowed. It made me glad I live in an apartment with no yard!

Last week I went several days without checking everyone's blogs because of some computer issues here at home and I had missed out on pregnancy announcements and births! So now I'm trying to stay in the loop more. But if you've missed checking my blog in a while, you haven't missed a thing. Have a great week!!!

5 comments:

Carrie said...

I'm so glad you updated! Sounds like things are going well with you! Glad to hear it! Keep us updated!!!

Shandra said...

hey man! 'bout time you updated! :) glad you are settled into your new school. it amazes me how after school starts you get like 100 new students! where did these kids come from? did their parents not know that school was starting in august? my old school was the same way!!!

Deborah said...

That stinks having to move twice. I'm with Shandra...where did all those kiddos come from?? Hmmm...the teacher are going to make it interesting...wonder why? Let us know!

jill said...

It was great to see you and hope you have recovered from your dizzy spell. Demian is still giving me a hard time for shooting grass all over him.

Mandy said...

I was amazed on the 1st day of school how many parents were there to register their kids. And then the fact that they got mad when it wasn't just a 2 minute process and that we needed some paperwork from them! Geez!

Jilly Bean, you just made me laugh out loud! :) That was hilarious! We could've made big money on America's Funniest Home Videos with that one. :)