Sunday, November 16, 2008

a celebrity sighting

A few weeks ago I got an email from New York & Company about a special event at their store. Carson Kressley was going to be touring 5 cities nationwide and hosting a fashion show at their stores. Well, one of his stops happened to be at the mall I shop at about 10 minutes away. So I rsvp’ed for my friend Sarah and I to attend last week. We got there early, stood in line for a while, then took our seats. In each chair was a bag with a red purse in it, which just happens to be my favorite color.

Then Carson came out and hosted the fashion show. He showed how to mix and match a bunch of different pieces.

We were only about 5 rows back from the end of the runway.


He was actually pretty funny. I was afraid he was going to be annoying like on TV, but he wasn't.


the model that could use a little sun :)

the confident model that liked having her hair in her face

and the model that could pass for J Lo's twin

I loved this red jacket she was wearing! If only I had some fancy parties to attend, then I would know some perfect outfits for them! :)

After the style show part was over, he held a question-and-answer session with the audience.

After it was all over, he came out and autographed pictures.

It was a fun night. Unfortunately my camera died on Halloween so I had to rely on Sarah's picture-taking skills. The same thing happened the next night at the Stars game. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good camera...not too expensive, a good zoom, not too heavy so I can carry it in my purse, etc. I'm thinking maybe if I wait until the big sales after Thanksgiving, maybe I can find a good deal. But until then, I'm going crazy without one! :)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

how fun! i could never watch the show he was on...but i would have gone to that.