Saturday, June 13, 2009

Summer fun

Summer is here!!! It started with the George Strait and Reba McEntire concert at the new Cowboys Stadium. That was quite an experience! We had a blast! Blake Shelton and Lee Ann Womack were good too. I had never seen any of them in concert before. Most of my Texas friends couldn't believe I'd never seen George before. And now I wonder why I hadn't either!

Greg, me, and Koby waiting to sing along and annoy the people behind us
Fancy is her name :)
"You look so good in love" is one of my favorite george songs!
Sunday afternoon Sarah went with me to Fort Worth to listen to one of my favorite singers, Brandon Rhyder. It was his birthday celebration. He always puts on a great show! I had a hard time getting any good pictures because there was a girl in front of me that kept moving around and they had a video camera set up to the right of her in the aisle. All my pics have her hair and the camera's black handle in them.


Some friends and I tried to celebrate Mike's birthday at a Rangers game Wednesday night. That would be the night that the HUGE storm blew in.
Mike kept saying it would blow right over...yeah, not so much. We got into the stadium just as it started raining. We waited, along with thousands of other fans, to see if the rain would stop so they could start the game, but no such luck. The game was called around 9:00. Here are Mike and Wendi's kids Connor and Riley entertaining themselves with cotton candy while we waited.

It was looking better by the time we left. Mike thought they should play anyway.

I've been sick the past couple of days. I'm waiting on Care Now to call and tell me they're ready for me to come in. I like their web check in! If all goes well, tomorrow I'll be heading to Ruston to see my niece Reanne in her VBS musical. She has a speaking part and has loved practicing all week. Then I'm going to bring my dad back with me to help me start packing up my apartment. The scary thing is that I don't know where I'm moving to! I had a great duplex picked out but then there were some problems with the neighbors that the landlady is working out. So I don't think it's the best situation to move into.

My apartment lease is up at the end of June. I leave for Denver on June 26th. So pretty much I have less than 2 weeks to get packed and out of here. I've been wanting to find a duplex with a yard that feels more like a house, rather than an apartment. I'm tired of apartment life! We'll see if I can find one this fast. If not, I guess I'll stick it out a little longer. Anybody know of a great place to rent in my area? :)

**Update: I'm home from Care Now. Good thing I checked in online or I would still be there waiting. After waiting an hour and 45 minutes for them to call and say they were ready for me to come up there, they put me in a room and I waited for the doctor for another hour. She basically agreed with what I thought was wrong--sinus junk and fluid behind my ears. So then I had to wait another 30 minutes for the nurse to come back and give me a shot and then finally I got dismissed. I was texting my friend Sarah while I was waiting and was telling her about the screaming kid in the room next door that sounded like he was getting a shot. It was if they were asking for his permission and waiting for him to stop crying, as if that was going to happen! So Sarah said she hoped I didn't have to get a shot. But sure enough I did. My nurse had absolutely no personality. I told her I would try not to cry like the kid next door and she looked at me funny. At least I made myself laugh, right Mom? :) I always do!

Well, come to find out, pharmacies don't like to stay open past 6:oo around here...except for Kroger's. So I killed 2 birds with 1 stone and grocery shopped while I waited. So since I'm going to survive :) (I wasn't so sure on Thursday) and I'm not contagious, I'll be heading to Ruston tomorrow. Yay!

3 comments:

jill said...

It looks like you had amazing seats for the George Straigt concert. Was parking a nightmare? I hope you are feeling better! Good luck with the packing and let me know if you need any help

shan said...

hey man, hope you are feeling better!

Jessica said...

I love concerts! How fun!

I hope you are ALL better now! Have a great summer Mandy!!!