Sunday, February 19, 2006

Freezing Drizzle

So I've been in my apartment all weekend because it's just too cold to go anywhere. And my cute little weatherman Steve told me not to get out unless absolutely necessary because of the icy roads. And I didn't feel like chancing a wreck. So I've spent a little time cleaning my apartment. I spent a lot of time watching dumb tv shows and movies on the 5 channels I get. Someday maybe I'll splurge for cable. I did a little organizing and paid some bills. But mostly, I have enjoyed relaxing and not having to get ready to be anywhere.

I'm guessing since Tuesday is the TAKS test that my superintendent isn't going to cancel school for tomorrow. But it he does, he likes to wait until 6:00 a.m. the day of to do it. If so, it will be a nice surprise because I'm in no hurry to get out in the 25 degree weather. I'd never make it in a place like..oh...say...Green Bay. ha ha! :) Try to stay warm...

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Miss Mandy! I am glad you stayed in...don't chance it! I went to the doc on Friday and learned I had a case of severe step throat! I just thought I was tired and stressed because of the TAKS test. So we stayed in, but had a little b-day party/fish fry Sat. night. It was fun, but I am tired. I was soping they would start school later today, but no chance. Wish me luck tomorrow...it's going to be scary!! I miss you!

Anonymous said...

Oh my--I can't even spell my name right. Does that tell you the kind of meds I am on? Jason has been making fun of me because this medicine makes me HYPER and talk A LOT..only problem, I don't make sense and I stumble on words. Should make a fun day for my students! :)

Shandra said...

carrie...we all know you don't need meds to make you "hyper" and "talk a LOT!" :)

man..glad you stayed warm. did your man come over and keep you warmer?? :)

Mandy said...

Shandra, I was thinking the same thing about Carrie being hyper and talking a lot. I was wondering if anyone else caught that. :)
To all that are giving the TAKS tomorrow...good luck! Don't fall asleep while monitoring!

Megan said...

glad you stayed warm & don't get cable b/c then you feel like you cannot do without it. i hate paying our cable bill every month!

Anonymous said...

Mandy--you are crazy! :) Think about me today...standing, walking around...no computer on....if you hear snoring, it's me! :)

Anonymous said...

Did it again...UGH! Trying to hurry--gotta get M&M's for the kiddos...gotta get them to pass somehow! Amazing how candy works! HA!!

Jessica said...

Hope your roads are better! Sounds like you had a relaxing weekend! Take Care, Jessica

Shandra said...

zzzzzzzzz

Stacy said...

i was just coming on your site to say the same b/c i just assumed the real blog nazi had gone into a coma and stopped reading your blog...so since i'm here, update already!

Mandy said...

I know, I know. As soon as I get a free moment, i will. I was behind on reading other peoples blogs last night. It took me forever to catch up! I'll download my Mardi Gras pics and post something soon. I'm about to leave for church now. Soon! :)

Stacy said...

it's after 10pm and i know no baptist church is out this late so unless you've gone pentecostal (my pente friend tammy tells me they go till midnight)you better be blogging...we're waiting...

Mandy said...

Ok, well, I got home from church just in time to watch Barbara Walters interview a couple of my favorite men...Matthew McConaughey and George Clooney. And then I fell asleep during the news. So you'll have to stay on the edge of your seat at least another night or 2. :)