Saturday, February 11, 2006

Happy Heart Day!!!

So I rode home with Jessica this weekend. She was going to visit Stacy in Monroe and dropped me off in Ruston. Friday night we stopped in Shreveport and met Ashley for dinner at Monjuni’s. It was fun to catch up like old times. :)

Tonight my parents threw my nieces a little Valentines party. They gave my brother Chad and I one when we were younger and so I encouraged them last year to start the tradition with Reanne and Jaisle (jays-lee). We even wanted the same kind of cake with Hershey kisses, just like the one we had years ago. I wanted it to be a surprise to the girls that I was coming in. Reanne (the 5 year old) left me a message last Saturday night asking me when I was coming home to play with her and telling me how much she missed me. So needless to say, I came home this weekend. Spending time with my family is always fun. There's always lots of laughing going on!


So I guess since I’m getting closer to 30, the types of gifts I receive are changing. Tonight I got a label maker (like Monica on Friends) and a scent machine. I guess my parents are trying to tell me that my apartment is unorganized (which is true!) and smells bad.

Anyway…I don’t have much else to write about tonight. My nieces are calling me to go play with them. Here are some pics of the cake, my brother Chad, my sister-in-law Brandi, my parents, and my nieces. Have a Happy Valentine’s Day!!!

Oh yeah...I was so excited to hear from Jessica Wisherd Hoehne, Joel Parker, and Mrs. Kathy on my last post!!! Thanks for leaving messages on my blog.

Jessica, you should put some pics of your family on your blog. I would love to catch up on your life that way. :)

Joel and Angie, congrats on the upcoming baby!!! When’s the due date? Are you going to name this one after me? :)

Mrs. Kathy, I’m so jealous that Jessica and Stacy got to have lunch with you today. I hope y’all had tons of fun! Hope to see you sometime soon. I think we should all have a big reunion at Pine Cove with the Renshaws!

7 comments:

knelson said...

Hey Mandy -
Wish you could have been there for our 5 hour lunch! It was a real treat.
I think it's wonderful that you have rekindled your childhood tradition with your nieces. Tradition in family events is a big deal to my girls.
The decorations are great!

Jessica said...

Will do! I love all the red! That looks like fun. I am having a birthday party for Derek tomorrow and trying to stay away from the red. Growing up his mom always bought him heart cakes for his birthday on Feb 13th! Anyways, it is so fun catching up on you and hearing you talk about some of the people I used to know!

Jessica

Shandra said...

Looks like y'all had fun. Your nieces are cuties!!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how big the girls have gotten! OH MY WORD! You still have a Mandy, junior! hehe! Glad y'all had fun. I am riding home with Jennifer Grigsby/Buckner on Feb. 24th...any chance you'll be home then, too???!!!!

Deborah said...

What a great idea! Looks like FUN!

Megan said...

That's really fun! Your neice looks JUST like you! How fun is that?

Mandy said...

No, Carrie, it will be a while before I go home again. Sorry. Have fun though. :) It's great that you have someone to ride with. I enjoyed my ride with Jessica! :)

Megan, I'm curious to see what my little girl looks someday if Reanne looks so much like me. Kinda scary. Will she look like my brother? :)