Sunday, April 22, 2007

Procrastination 101

So last time I was telling you about Flat Stanley. Well, I thought I read the letter and it said he was due back to Ruston on the 27th. But come to find out, he's due back to school on Tuesday!!! So he and I had a very busy day on Saturday. My good friend Sarah (that I now owe big) took some pictures of Stanley while I went to Jill's wedding on Saturday. Unfortunately I have no pictures of the wedding to show you because my camera was with Sarah and Stanley. But the wedding was wonderful and Jill was a beautiful bride! I do have a pic from her shower the other day though.
Here are some of Stanley's adventures while in Dallas. Here are his "before" and "after" shots, thanks to Shandra's suggestion. :) The hat is a little out of proportion, but he had big feet to cover up! His Aunt Mandy definitely isn't an art teacher!



Our state flower, the bluebonnets...

Texas Stadium...

My school...

The letter that came with Stanley asked for me to send back some souvenirs and stuff that tells about my city. I found some Texas postcards at Wal-Mart so I bought enough for the whole class. Then I went to a hotel and got some tourist brochures about Six Flags, the Dallas and FW zoos, the wax museum, and all that kinds of stuff. I also sent the program and a pom pom from the Desperados game and a light-up necklace from the Stars game from last week. And you'll never guess how much it cost to ship little Stanley overnight to Ruston?!?!?! I don't even want to say! Someday I'm going to stop being so good at procrastinating! Someday! :)

This afternoon I went with some friends to my first Rangers game of the season. They were playing the Oakland A's. We won 4 to 3. I got to see Sammy Sosa play, although not very well.

For those of you that are familiar with the Ozarka Dot Race, they've added life sized dots this year that race on the field...
Jeff, Melissa, Me, and Scott (almost) all decked out in our Ranger gear.Now I can't wait for July when Dave Dellucci comes to Texas with the Indians!!!

9 comments:

Shandra said...

WELCOME!!! flat stanley looks good!

i can't believe you had to overnight it. that is crazy and i'm guessing $25.

Michael, Meg & Naomi said...

Hey! We were at the game today too. Upper deck, right behind home plate. Looks like you were somewhere in left field.

Lee, Kasey, and Jameson said...

I was there too! We went with Zay... we sat in the Home Run Deck! It was such a great day for a game!!!

Stacy said...

i was not there but i would have loved to be there. especially if sosa sucked b/c i so do not heart him...love the live dots idea. makes that part of the game much more humorous!

Elizabeth said...

Mandy, It was good to see you also at Jill's wedding. I hate that I miss her shower that night. I forgot to bring my camera to the wedding so I did not get to post any pics of the wedding either. She was a beautiful bride.

Anonymous said...

It was good to see you Sat. night. Was the food worth it? We went to La Ha and it was not crowded at all. Jill P.

Anonymous said...

In the last Rangers picture you are with a guy and you don't explain who he is so you need to share the scoop. Was he with you Sat. night too? I'm just trying to stir things up :)
Jill P.

Mandy said...

Jilly Bean, you crack me up! His name is Scott, he's just a friend in our group. He wasn't at Uncle Julio's. Yes, it was yummy! We usually wouldn't have waited that long, but decided that once we moved to another restaurant, we'd have to wait there too. There were 12 of us so we decided to wait it out. We were celebrating Cinco de Mayo. :) It was good to see you!!!

Deborah said...

How many more days of school?? Any fun summer plans??