Tuesday, June 26, 2007

My new house :)

My friends Brenda and George are gone to London for a couple of weeks and I get the wonderful job of housesitting for them. I even have a pool guy. I was hoping he would be as cute as the one on Desperate Housewives, but no such luck. :) They have a pool in the back but it's rained every stinkin day since I've been there! And the weather channel says it's going to continue raining almost until they get back next week! Ugh! This isn't a very good picture but I knew I was coming over to my apartment tonight to download some other pictures so I thought I would take a quick pic in the rain.

This past weekend my mom came in town for a visit. She brought me a book she had heard about called On My Own Two Feet...a modern girl's guide to personal finance. I'm already about halfway done and learning a lot. If only I had thrown away my credit card a few years ago! :(
Friday night we went to the Dancing with the Stars show at the American Airlines Center. It was SOOO much fun. Here are a couple of pics I have so far. My camera batteries died halfway through the show so I will have to wait on more pics from my mom. Then I'll make a slideshow. The 4 stars were Joey Lawrence, Joey Fatone, Joey McIntyre, and Drew Lachey. The dancers were Cheryl, Julianne, Kym, and Edyta. The guys did a lot of singing. They all performed really well...both singing and dancing! We moved closer during the intermission and I was so ticked that my camera wasn't working! But here are a few...

The 4 guys
Joey Fatone and Kym
Joey McIntyre and Julianne
Joey Lawrence and Edyta
Edyta signing autographs

Saturday night I went to Jen Ken and Brad's wedding in Fort Worth with Jill and Demian. My camera was acting up so my few pictures turned out blurry. :( But Jill has posted some good ones and Ashley will have some soon. It was fun seeing lots of Tech folks. I can't remember the last time I saw Brandi Howard!!! She hasn't changed a bit! :)

Sunday morning we got up and went to Denton Bible Church. I went about 5 or 6 years ago with Coreen but haven't been since they've moved into their huge new building. I was hoping to run into Coreen's parents but no such luck.

That afternoon we went to Sam's and Mom bought me another early birthday present. You might recall that I love the Deen boys, right? Well, they have a new cookbook that just came out. My goal is to get it signed by them soon. :) A girl can dream, can't she?!?!

14 comments:

jill said...

"I can't believe you watch that dirty dancing show" - that's what my mom said to me when I told her that I was watching it one night.

jill said...

I feel the love, Mandy. No pics of me! What's up with that?!?!

ashley said...

oh, mandy - how i love th deen family!! if you get that thing signed, i WILL be very jealous.

Mandy said...

Jill, the only way anyone got their picture on my blog this time was if they were dancing. :) I tried to get you to dance at the wedding. ;)

Ash, I want Paula Deen for a mother-in-law!!! :)

Jessica said...

I so want to see Dancing with the Stars! No fair! :)

Carrie said...

Mandy...awesome post...looks like you had fun and are having fun!! :)

Carrie said...

FYI--Linda has some pics from the wedding on her website..click on her blog! (www.lindaspratt.com)

jill said...

I just copied your comment on my blog. Just joking :)
If I could dance like Edyta then I would have been out there. But I'm still practicing.

Megan said...

Dancing with the stars...how much fun! Emmitt couldn't even perform in his home town?

Mandy said...

I know, Jill. I read your blog and was teasing you back. I'd love to be able to dance like that too! But there's not enough time in the world for me to practice to get that good. :)

Megan, are you back from vacation? I was hoping Emmitt would make a surprise appearance but no such luck. :(

Anonymous said...

Love the Dean boys! Angie and I are thinkin about taking a girls trip over Thanksgiving to Savannah. I told her I wanted to meet my future husband Bobby! Sorry you haven't gotten to enjoy the pool. It was so good to see you and everyone on Sat.

Deborah said...

Sounds like you are having a fun summer.

Elizabeth said...

Mandy- you have a very exciting life. I am jealous!

Mandy said...

I don't know about that, Elizabeth. :) But I'm definitely enjoying being off this summer. :)