Friday, June 15, 2007

summer fun...

I went to Ruston last weekend for a few days. While I was there, I got to see Reanne's new smile...minus a few teeth. And I got my haircut and highlights done (it's so much cheaper than in Dallas!). Reanne said we had matching hair except hers is not blond like Aunt Mandy's.


Last summer I went with some friends to Addison for the 4th of July fireworks show. Well, several of my friends pulled out their college chairs and it made me want one. I put it on my Christmas list. But when my mom checked at the Tech Bookstore in December, they said it was a seasonal item. But now they have them, so she got me one. Isn't it cute?!?! (Mine is in my trunk, this pic is from their website) Now I'm ready for the 4th, BBQ's, picnics, etc.


Wednesday my friend Mike was watching Emeril on the Food Network and got inspired to cook an Italian dinner for several of our friends. So we went to Sprout's and got all the ingredients and BAM! here is the final product...pasta con pesto siciliano and eggplant, asparagus (made my yours truly), and chicken in a lemon and white wine sauce with capers on top. It was sooo yummy! And it really wasn't that hard. I should try to cook more often. Anybody want to be my guinea pig that will eat what I cook?


And here is Mike and Wendi's little boy Connor that you've seen before. He loves the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles right now. He went to watch his sister's gymnastics class the other day and saw a "ninja class" going on (tae kwon do) and decided he needed to join. So here he is in his "ninja" outfit.


I'm enjoying my summer so far. I had a technology training yesterday and learned lots of great things for my classroom. We'll see if I remember any of them in August. :) Today my plan was to lay by the pool (I know, what a hard life, huh?) but it's supposed to rain...again! Tonight we're having a baby shower for my friend Krista at Bunco. Should be fun. Have a good weekend!

8 comments:

Carrie said...

I swear that is your child!! hehe! Is Krista the one that you used to work with that was friend with AC man??? How fun she is having a baby!! Hopefully the rain will stop and you can be a pool bum...LOVE it!! Come see us and we can cook....we will eat whatever you make! :)

jill said...

I keep waiting for an invite to lay out at the pool with you :) That is one thing I miss about living in an apartment.

Michelle said...

glad you are having a great summer. i love her new smile!

Carrie said...

Miss Mandy...Jason is VERY disppointed he will not see you in July! Your BIG b-day is coming up...we are OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cynthia said...

Excuse me, Ms. Ginn. Is it my understanding that you came to Ruston and didn't let me know???!!! That's what I thought. I have not been to Dallas w/o you knowing...just so you know:)

jill said...

Carrie - when is mandy's b-day? I would ask her but she probably won't tell me.

Mandy said...

Jill, I'll be the big 3-0 on July 25. Let's celebrate.

Carrie said...

Celebrate???...I'm there...let's have a BIG party....Mandy...I'll bring the oven and light...then you can do your thing! HA!!