Thursday, July 26, 2007

30 is the new 20, right? :)

Since 30 is the new 20, I shouldn't feel any older, right? But I do!!! Some friends took me out to dinner last night. We had loads of fun! My friend Greg (in the white shirt below) works for Nokia and got me a new phone that's out in Europe. It's sooo cute! And it's red, my favorite color! It's a slide phone with an MP3 player, radio, camera, etc. I love it!
The group after dinner at Monica's...

Me and Koby


The black and white girls...Wendi, me, and Melinda

So far 30 hasn't been that bad. I already had gray hair, wrinkles, and bad eyesight so what else is new!?!? :)

Monday I went with some friends to a small waterpark called Bedford Splash that's here in HEB. My friend Karen has 2 sons. This one is DeWayne. Isn't he so cute in his floaty suit? The faces he can make with those eyebrows crack me up!


My friend Krista had her baby last Thursday. Her name is Hannah Marie. How sweet!!! I started tearing up when I first held her b/c they've been wanting a baby for a long time! There were some difficulties with the pregnancy so I was glad to finally have her here and healthy.


A couple of weeks ago my friend Margaret from Ruston came to town with her 3 kiddos. I entertained them some while she had some meetings and things to do. It's a rough life swimming with the kids at the 4 Seasons Hotel. :) Will chose for us to go to the Frontiers of Flight Museum at Love Field. It was really neat. They knew the names of all the planes because their dad is a pilot. Me? I knew Jay Jay the Jet Plane in the kiddie area. :) James chose the Bass Pro Shop. And Sarah Margaret wanted to swim!!! I don't get to see them much since I moved to Dallas so it was good to hang out with them. Sarah looks like she's about to cry but that's her "say cheese" face.


And one more picture...my soon-to-be 2nd grade niece Reanne--chewing her food has got to be difficult!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Happy 30th birthday! I know, I felt old when I turned 30. Not a kid anymore.. That baby has to be the cutest thing with her finger in her mouth--got the mommy urge just looking at her!!

Carrie said...

You look natural holding that baby!!! I got your messages...I will call back soon. I am heading to Ruston tomorrow to get some things from dad's house...should be interesting with me driving a Uhaul trailer behind Jason's truck!! hehe!

Shandra said...

mandy, hope you had a great bday!! looks like you've been a busy girl!

Megan said...

happy 30th, mandy! we love you!

jill said...

30 looks good on you :)