Sunday, July 29, 2007

Still celebrating

Last night I went to eat at Texas Love & War with Kristi, Jill & Demian, and Murry in Grapevine. We highly suggest the fried pickles and fried green beans! Then we went to Kristi's house and had birthday cake! It was sooooo yummy! It was the Sacher torte from la Madeleine's.

yep, I still like to use the automatic timer on my camera,
just like in college :)

Kristi cutting the cake


Sacher torte


Jill & Demian re-enacting their wedding reception...


I really appreciate all your birthday wishes, e-cards, gifts, and even a post about me for my birthday! This past week I have really been reminded of what great friends and family I have! Maybe I'll turn 30 every year from now on. :)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay! it worked! y'all all look great. i think i threw up a little in my mouth w/ the j & d pictures.. JK!! :) i went on your myspace to see the pics earlier.

Carrie said...

HOW FUN!!! Tell Talley to send some of that dessert over...YUMMY!!!

jill said...

It was a fun time but I ate way too much. The cake was heavenly and Shandra, your just jealous that you didn't get to be there for the re-enactment or for the real thing!

Carrie said...

Hey--Jenn was telling be about a friend that is a saleswoman for a textbook company. She used to teach and now she does that...same schedule, better pay. What are some companies? I looked up Harcourt...they have a sales position in Lewisville. That doesn't help me in College Station! HA!! I am blank as to what other companies we use!

Mandy said...

The ones that come to mind are Silver Burdett Ginn, Houghton Mifflin, and McGraw Hill. Does that help? :)

Cynthia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cynthia said...

I always thought those people who said they were going to "stick" at a certain age were crazy. Now I understand:) Glad you had a great B-day!

Carrie said...

Thanks, Mandy! I thought of some more, but most openings are in the Dallas or Austin area. Oh well! Enjoy your last few days of freedom. When do y'all start?

Mandy said...

Our kids start the 27th and teacher meetings start on the 20th.

Deborah said...

What a fun birthday party! The cake looks great. Cracking up at Jill and Demian pics.

Shandra said...

jill, i am jealous b/c i wish i could have been there for the real thing.