Thursday, August 16, 2007

All moved in

I got all moved in to my new classroom last week. Whew! What a bunch of junk I've collected in the past 7 years! I won't need a lot of it this year so I brought some of it home to store for a while. My spare bedroom is a mess! Unfortunately the teacher that was in my room last year had not moved out yet. I had to put all my boxes in the corner. I'm going back today to see if she's been up there. It's a been a week so let's hope she's cleaned up the place! But then I got to thinking that it might just be junk that she didn't want, and left for me to clean up. This is my 4th classroom to move into, so I've learned that some teachers are like that.

Last Thursday night I went to a Cowboys preseason game. They were playing the Colts which means Peyton Manning was there. :) We were in a suite at the top so the pictures are kinda fuzzy. But I tried to get a picture of him for you, Buf.
We had to keep the windows closed because the air was on so there's a glare. There were fireworks and the players are running through that big helmet down through a line of cheerleaders.
Can you see Manning? Squint! :)
We were in that top section.
The final score was 23-10.
There's usually a group of players that kneel on the star after the game and pray.That's what they were doing here...

The mayor of Nairobi, Kenya was in our suite too. (how random!) He was in Dallas for the week and decided that a Cowboys game would be on his list of things to do. They call him "His Worship." I thought that was funny.

I went home last weekend for a quick trip before school starts. Reanne goes to the daycare at Emmanuel and they were performing a musical on Sunday night. She had a solo and sang her little heart out. She loves to watch Hannah Montana on the Disney Channel so my brother was calling her Reanna Montana. Then they came up with Reanna Louisiana. She couldn't wait to see herself on channel 4 the next night. She did great and wasn't nervous at all. She told me she was going to be singing in front of thousands! :)


I guess if I'm going to get anything done at school today, I better stop blogging now. Have a good weekend!

7 comments:

Jessica said...

thanks for the effort, but, no, i couldn't see him. i didn't watch the game, either. didn't want to bring him bad game-playing vibes.

Carrie said...

Glad you got all our things in the new room! You taught Reanna Louisiana everything you know, right? I see she has progressed to a microphone and special lighting...she's already a step ahead of us! HA! :)

jill said...

Your neice is so adorable! And I hope you get all settled in to your new job. We need to get together soon!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for making me jealous of going to the Cowboys game. You have such great connections in life Miss Ginn. Good luck with school starting and the new classroom. Sometimes I wish I was in education except for this time of year.

Deborah said...

So how was the first day of school??

Carrie said...

ok--you need to post on how it is teaching KINDERGARTEN!!!!!!!!! :)

jill said...

Are you going to the cowboys game tonight? Like Stacy said - you have good connections. I expect to see a post tomorrow with a picture of Romo.