Thursday, August 02, 2007

A new job!!!

I forgot to mention earlier that I passed my special ed. test!!! And it's good thing because this week I was offered a new position that requires that certification. I will be teaching a small-group tutoring program called Read Right half of the day and going into classrooms and helping special ed. kids in small groups the other half of the day. I will be moving schools...again! It is such a chore packing and moving because teachers are such pack rats! We hate to get rid of anything, in case we need it someday. Last year my parents were a huge help with moving my classroom and apartment. Just the other day my dad told my mom that he sure was glad I wasn't moving this summer! :)

My Bunco friend Jaleen will be moving to my new school to teach 1st grade, my buddy Koby is the new assistant principal, and the new principal Tina used to be Jen Ken's principal. So it's a small world! I am excited about the change but am also sad to leave my 3rd grade team and school. They welcomed me with open arms and I learned so much in such a short time there.

Last night they had a birthday get-together for me at Frances' new house. I was nervous about telling them my news because I didn't want them to feel like I was deserting them. But they were so sweet and understanding. Not that I can't be replaced :) but I know it's not always easy finding teachers with experience at this time of the summer that still need a job.

Jessica, Kasey, Karla, me, and Frances
(Carmen and Susan were out of town)


mmmmmm, red velvet cake!

Yesterday my friend Joy and I went to visit Krista and baby Hannah. She's trying to get her on more of a schedule but it's not working as well as she planned. But all she does is sleep and eat...what a life! Hannah had so fun with Miss Mandy that she needed a nap! :)

Touchdown!

10 comments:

Deborah said...

Congrats on the new job! So will you have a classroom?? How fun and exciting!

Carrie said...

Congrats! Did you find out if the other room you are going to be in has more storage? I forgt to ask today! It was good talking to you. Pray for me on Sat. at 2pm...LOVE taking tests! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so sad!!! I had no idea you were leaving us. PLEASE keep in touch, you will be greatly missed! :(

Shandra said...

hey man! what a sweet little baby!! congrats on the new job! sounds exciting.
are you FINIALLY done celebrating your birthday? i mean really...it was weeks ago!! :)

Carrie said...

When you turn 30, you can celebrate longer. Guess it's been too many years ago for you to remember, Shan! HA!!!

Mandy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mandy said...

I will have a classroom, but not sure yet if I have to share it with someone. I haven't seen it yet to know more about the storage. But the sample room she showed me down the hall only had open bookshelves. I might have to get creative with ways to store my junk neatly. :)

Blaire, I'll miss you but we're only an email apart!!! We can still meet at On the Border for dinner, ok?

Carrie said...

Mandy--I had a room like that in Van. Buy a cute, plastic shower curtain and hang it in front of the bookshelf. Then it looks cute, but hides your stuff...and it's cheap! :) I had to cute mine off at the bottom and it still worked.

Megan said...

way to go, mandy! sounds like a fun change of pace. i hope your school year is great.

jill said...

Congrats on the new job!!!
And I agree with Shandra, you are milking this b-day for all it's worth.