Saturday, January 12, 2008

addicted...

So, I'll admit...I'm addicted to my DVR. It can happen so fast! There really aren't that many shows I keep up with anymore but the few that I like, I record. Well, last weekend I was trying to catch up on some shows I'd recorded back before Christmas when things were so busy. I had saved several weeks worth of shows and wanted to watch some. I could see the list of shows but when I would push play, a black screen would pop up and nothing would happen. At first I thought I had messed something up so I pushed every button possible trying to get it to work. My DVR kept recording stuff but wouldn't let me watch it. Finally on Tuesday night I had had enough so I called Time Warner. She said they would have to send a technician out. Luckily they're open on Saturdays so he could come between 2:00-5:00. He just came and guess what...he TOOK my DVR, said it was frozen, that happens sometimes, and gave me a new one. Do you know what that means?!?!? He took all of my recorded shows with him!!! And now it just dawned on me that I have to start from scratch with all my settings. I think I'm gonna cry...

The other day Kristi suggested that I call Time Warner and see if they would credit my account. So I just called and she said she could credit me for the day I called (Wed.) until today. The DVR only costs $5 a month so the grand total is 66 cents! To me, it's more like the mastercard commercial:

my old DVR with all the shows on it....priceless!!!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

i felt sick just reading this. dan built our "dvr" from a computer and if it ever crashes i'll be devastated!! i hope you can build your viewing library back up!

Carrie said...

Oh my! I can't imagine! Jason and I were talking about that other day...being addicted to our DVR. What did we do before??? I am so sorry that happened. I think I would cry!!

Kim said...

I've been meaning to tell you THANK YOU for the baby gift. I can't seem to remember things very well these days ... may be from the lack of sleep! :)