Monday, December 17, 2007

Oh, the weather outside is frightful...

but the fire is so delightful!
I can count on 1 hand my Christmas decorations this year. That's not usually like me! I've had to make myself not walk down the Christmas aisles at stores because I have an addiction with buying more stuff every year. I got out all the boxes from my storage room after Thanksgiving, but then decided that I didn't want to have to put it all away in a few weeks. Pretty pitiful, huh? But this little Santa made the cut. And I hung a lighted wreath on my door...that way all the neighbors can just assume that the inside of my apartment is decorated as well. I'm using a poinsettia that was given to me as my "tree."

A couple of weeks ago Zane and I went to the Gaylord Texan Hotel in Grapevine to the ICE sculpture exhibit. It's 2 million pounds of ice hand-carved into 3 slides, the nativity, toys, gingerbread people, etc. They keep it at a chilly 9 degrees so they give you a lovely parka to wear. Cute, huh?


I used to teach a penguin story to my 2nd graders so now I love penguins!


the nativity...
and the disposable camera wasn't so great, but this is me coming down the slide...

Merry Christmas!!!

8 comments:

Carrie said...

I'm shocked you don't have much Christmas stuff out! We didn't do much either. Since I fell through the attic floor, I didn't finish getting the stuff out...including the tree. I didn't want to get a real one because that meant I had to put lights on it. We all know that was your job!! So I am in the same boat as you!! Looks like y'all had fun, but it looks COLD!!! Thanks for the update!!

jill said...

OMG! Who's Zane? We need an update in that department!

Carrie said...

Jill--you're so behind!!! :)

Mandy said...

Jill, you're too funny! He's my boyfriend...great guy, you should really meet him sometime. :) Guess who we ran into in Southlake last night? Kristi! Small world, huh? So now she's 1 step ahead of you, Jill. :)

Elizabeth said...

Boyfriend????? I don't remember reading about him!!!! You know we married people live through the excitement of you single people!!!

The ice Navity looks neat.

Carrie said...

Hey! We are in Tyler now (Sunday) and will head to Ruston late tomororow night. We will be there until the 27th. I'll call you!!!

Jessica said...

Hey mandy! Merry Christmas! Hope you have a blessed holiday!

Anonymous said...

I like very much your Santa.
Greetings from Spain.