Sunday, March 05, 2006

Happy Birthday to Kristi!!!

Today (Monday) is Kristi birthday. Since she’s in Houston and most of us aren’t able to see her on her birthday, I thought we could use my blog to share happy birthday wishes with her for her last year to be twenty-something. :) Live it up, Kristi!!!

I have known Kristi since we were in the nursery together at Temple. I can remember when she was planning on going away for college, I was excited for her, but sad to see her go. Then when she ended up staying at Tech, I was glad! We went on many ICEE runs together back in those days and solved lots of the world’s problems driving around in her purple Grand Am. But we were never ones to stalk. :)

It’s comforting to know that you are only a phone call away, Kris Tee. You’re a good listener and are always up for an adventure…especially when it comes to finding a pool to lay out at. Thanks for always being such a great friend to me! I hope you have the best year yet. I hate that I can’t be there to celebrate with you. Have fun and hopefully SOMEday when you’re back in Dallas again, we can get together and have dinner. I love you!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Talley! I'm loving those RHS pics!!!! I could throw some in of when we were LITTLE! HA!!! Have a GREAT day!!!

Deborah said...

Happy Birthday to Kristi! What a great post Mandy, I love all the pictures!

Unknown said...

OMG- what are you doing? I'm CRYING at WORK!!! And I don't know who that is on those old pictures- surely that's not me! :) (And my birthday was yesterday, not today, but who's counting since I was a month early on yours this year!)

Stacy said...

for the record the post is dated 3/5/06 so you might have indeed known her correct b-day. very sweet post! where are the old pics of you and kristi together??? happy birthday, kristi! and you might want to head on up to dallas soon. i've heard there are a few new guys that mandy has deemed worthy of some good ole fashioned drive by stalking...

Unknown said...

Um, yeah, Mandy- where are the old pics of us together? Uh-huh- willing to post MY atrocious old pics, but not so quick to post any of you? Ha- I'll have to do some digging when I get home and post a few of my own! :)

Anonymous said...

Ahhh yes. The purple Grand Am. (Didn't we wreck that car on the way home from the infamous rave?) Funny how so many have shared in a good stalking with Kristi :)
Happy birthday!!! Hope you had a good one!

Unknown said...

Yes, we did indeed wreck that car leaving the BSU unofficial rave. Ah, good memories!

Mandy said...

I dug through the old pics in my closet but couldn't find any of me and Kristi. I tried! I'm such a dork for not knowing the right day though. :) Oops! I tried not to put any embarrassing pics so you couldn't get revenge later, Kristi. :)

Jessica said...

if many of you from the second floor of dudley will recal the "real women" list in jessica/keri/linda's room...

rule #558487: real women stalk
their men.

from one real woman to another, happy birthday, talley!

knelson said...

Happy (belated) Birthday Kristi! Oh I have great memories of you, too - especially from Jr. High for some reason. You have always been so sweet! I still think about your family every time I pass your old house on Stow Creek Rd.!
Now if you want to know some good stalking stories - let me tell you some from MY high school days.....:)

Anonymous said...

Jessica, do you still have a copy of that list? Many a time have I reflected back to the Real Women List for direction in life :)

Shandra said...

Man...Kristi's birthday has come and gone...new post please!!!

Anonymous said...

She'll be 31 by the time we see a new post! :) Mandy--don't you still have a student teacher? If you are like the teachers at our school, you have nothing to do!!!

Mandy said...

Then I'm nothing like those teachers. :) It seems like I have more responsibilities with a student teacher. Yes, she spends a lot of time teaching, but I spend a lot of time doing paperwork and helping plan stuff for her. It's been a good experience though! She has helped me when I had to be team lead for a month.

Shandra said...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Mandy said...

Whatever! I'm busy livin' it up on my Spring Break. I don't have time to stop and blog for your enjoyment. :) jk! I just got back from San Antonio. Once I download my pics, I'll post about it.

Shandra said...

good b/c i'm sure kristi is getting a big head now!