Saturday, March 25, 2006

Bunco Babes

Once a month I get together with 11 other girls and we play Bunco. Ever heard of it? We started playing a few years ago and it is a blast! All of the girls teach at my school or have in the past. We get together once a month at each other’s houses. Mostly it’s a time to relax, relieve stress, and enjoy fellowship with friends. We put $10 in the pot and then there are different prizes at the end of the game…the person with the most wins, most losses, most buncos, and last bunco. Last night I got the most losses so that was $20 and my name was drawn for the $10 door prize!

Karen – Bunco was at her house this time. She used to be the librarian at my school my 1st year. Then she moved to another school in Irving. Just this week she was named the Librarian of Texas! She’s great! Unfortunately, she’ll be moving to San Antonio this summer though. We will be sad to see her go.

Lori and I – Lori teaches kindergarten. Her little girl is in my class this year. Lori’s brother Jarod is the one I went with to the Christmas party at the Rangers ballpark.

Wendi and Chris – Wendi just got nominated to do an assistant principal internship next year. Irving only chose 2 teachers out of the whole district and she was 1 of them! Chris taught at my school my 1st year then moved back to Grand Prairie.

Jaleen and Sarah – Jaleen teaches kindergarten and loves the Rangers as much as I do. Sarah lives in my old apartment complex and is a close friend of mine.

Krista – Krista grew up here and went to Centenary in Shreveport on a soccer scholarship. She’s hilarious! When you roll a Bunco (3 sixes at a time) you call “Bunco!” and have to wear something out of the bag so everyone will know who got the last bunco. There are all sorts of choices but Krista chose the straw hat.

Melinda acting like an angel – Melinda is one of the funniest people I know. We go to her house once a week in the summer and lay out at her pool. She’s the one that got me started on going to Canton.

Melissa – She teaches kindergarten. Can you tell we have a great time at bunco? :)

5 comments:

Kim said...

I have a group of friends here that play and have been the "stand in" a couple of times. It's a lot of fun but took me a couple of rounds of play to catch on.

Shandra said...

i LOVE bunco. some girls in my SS class get together and play. they started it right before i had Andrew so i was just a fill in like Kim. I took the BIG prize that night! :) fun stuff!

Jessica said...

No one my age around here plays - maybe I should start a Bunco group! Looks like lots of fun! Man, you sure have an exciting life! Jessica H

meredith said...

I try to get together with my math department at my school once a month to proove various trigonometric properties. I would post pictures of the event but things get a little wild... :)

meredith said...

prove not proove