Saturday, September 23, 2006

Friends and babies...

Today I got to see a lot of BSU girls (and Justin) at Amy’s shower. She got so much great stuff. She was excited about it all being blue for Baby JP. And that little Sadie is adorable and not at all shy! I forgot to take my camera so you’ll have to look at pictures on everyone else’s blogs. Michelle's little Elliot had me wrapped around his finger in no time. Those big blue eyes are beautiful. And according to little Sawyer, his mommy Meredith is pretty funny because boy can he giggle! It was great seeing everyone. It was so sweet of those that traveled so far to be here. We're all blessed to have made such great friends in college.

A few nights ago I got to keep my friend Karen’s little boy DeWayne while she went to the PTA picnic at my old school. She’s one of my closest friends from there. We live about 2 blocks from each other so I get to see her pretty often. DeWayne was sooooo sweet. His mommy doesn’t really like being outside so he doesn’t get to play much out there. So Miss Mandy let him explore the great outdoors. Now I have a new BFF. :) Isn’t he so cute?!?! You should’ve seen me trying to fix his hair after bathtime. :)


Come to find out, all 3 of my old principals were in the dunking booth at the picnic. I would have paid big bucks to have been the 1st one in line for that!

Here’s my old team at a Cowboys game a few weeks ago. The one on the left is Brenda. Her husband works for the Cowboys so we get to sit in a suite when we go. It's not quite the same as sitting in the middle of the crowd though. But the free food and air conditioning sure are nice. That's Karen, DeWayne's mom, in the middle. Lisa, in the black shirt, is getting married on the same day as the JAM in November. She got moved to 4th grade this year. Kelli moved school's this year like I did. Her husband is a youth minister. Brenda is now a pull-out reading teacher. So the team is all split up. :( But no matter how hard those principals tried, they can't keep us apart!

7 comments:

Shandra said...

oh my gosh! that little boy is precious! i was cracking up at you trying to fix his hair after bath!!! too funny!

Megan said...

2 posts in one week...watch out!

Jessica said...

I had a little girl in my group at Pinecove who's dad was playing for the Cowboys...can't remember his name now..not a huge Cowboy fan, sorry! The only teams playing in my home growing up were the Denver Broncos and 49ers..

I really like your hair that way! Cute!

Michelle said...

elliot got a shout out! :) thanks for keeping him entertained mandy!

ashley said...

the JAM?? if i remember correctly, in November, the A in JAM stands for Ashley. Why wasn't I informed there was a JAM in the works!?!?!

DeWayne is adorable:)

Mandy said...

I think it's only for people turning 30 this year. So you're too old for that. :)

Anonymous said...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz