Monday, February 19, 2007

Mardi Gras

Well, I forgot to take any pictures once my Mardi Gras Bunco night started. But I did get a picture of the plates and sign on my door before everyone got there. Oops! We were having too much fun to remember to take pics.

Somehow I just deleted the rest of the pictures that were on my camera. I was trying to figure out a way to make them smaller and guess I hit the wrong button. Usually it will ask before doing something major like deleting everything, but not this time. I was going to show you some pics from the Stars and Sharks game yesterday. Oh well.

I did manage to download some pics on Saturday though. I went to Hobby Lobby last weekend and bought a few things for my walls. Here is a picture of the scrolly thing I bought to go above my bed. I was afraid it was too big, but once it was on the wall, it worked perfectly.

And here's the picture I got to go above my dresser. My favorite color is red, but I decided to go with blue and khaki for my bedroom when I moved last summer.
The rest of the apartment is red so I thought I would try something new. Now I should be done buying for a while! But who can resist a 1/2 off sale!!! :)

So tomorrow is the big day...TAKS test time! It's going to be such a looooong, boring day. They've changed it a little this year. We have to
actively monitor ALL day long...no sitting! Probably the hardest part for me will not to have my computer on. :) I told my kids that I knew it was going to be boring for them, but to think about me...all I can do is watch them! :) Please say a prayer for a few of my little angels. The whole not talking thing is going to be reeeeeally hard for them! The only thing I can tell them is "I can't help you with that, just try the best you can." They're so used to asking for help, which is a good thing, but tomorrow will be hard for them. We've been practicing though so it won't be a shock to them.

My school has decided not to let them read a book when they're done so they won't rush through the test. They're allowed to rest as much as they want. Well, the other day we were taking a practice test and one of my boys BaQuavious (his twin BaZavious) is across the hall) decided to take a nap and drooled all over his book. So I told them if they think they need to rest and might possibly be a drooler, for goodness sakes, close the book first and move it out of the way! :)

3 comments:

ashley said...

LOVE the scrolly thing!!!

Shandra said...

mandy, i can't wait to see your place in person. it's cute!!

Mandy said...

Thanks, Ash!!! I can't wait for you to come either, Shan. See ya in a week and a half. Oh that reminds me, I need to try to email Jenn again.