Saturday, February 10, 2007

Time flies...

I know, I know, I haven't blogged in a month! But I haven't done anything exciting enough to tell you about. :) And you know how I like to put pictures on here, and since I have no new pictures, I technically have nothing to blog about. :)

All I know about lately is TAKS!!! Feb. 20th is the day we take the Reading TAKS test. This is the one that my kids have to pass in order to pass 3rd grade. They get a 2nd chance in April, and if they fail again, they have to go to summer school then take it a 3rd time. And in April is our Math test but it doesn't necessarily count as much. There's just a lot of pressure put on the teachers. When the scores come back, it's YOUR name next to the number of YOUR kids that failed. It's no fun. But anyway...that's all I've been thinking about lately.

This Friday Bunco is at my house. It should be fun fitting 12 people and 3 extra tables into my 2 bedroom apartment. I've decided to go with the Mardi Gras theme. One girl is going to bring a King Cake from Central Market. I need to go buy some beads and stuff to decorate with. Being from Louisiana, I should have some stuff already but I don't. It will be good times. If only we could have beignets and coffee from Cafe Du Monde. Yum! I know I could try to make my own, but it just wouldn't be the same.



Well, I hope you're having a good weekend. Just wanted you to know that I am still alive and kicking. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miss Mandy, welcome to the TAKS test. Not only is it stressful, it's the most boring day of your life. I will think of you with reading if you'll think of me with writing. And promise me you'll teach your kids some writing stuff BEFORE they get to 4th grade! :) Now do you see why I thought you were crazy for leaving 2nd grade?! :) Thanks for updating your blog. I bought a King Cake from HEB...yummy! Have fun at your party...don't forget the oven light and the microphone! If only Sara and M. Carey were around...HA!!

Michelle said...

the more i think about it, the more i want to homeschool. i don't know if i'll be able to take knowing my child's teacher is so stressed out over a test!! i know so many teachers who stress about TAKS. just so you know, you are the best, mandy!! thanks for putting up with all the stuff you do! :)

Shandra said...

mandy...it's about time you updated!! :) hope the TAKS goes well!!

Anonymous said...

Mandy--I saw your comment about ordering from Michelle. I ordered some stuff and it's GREAT!!! Ask Shan about what to get...she helped me decide. It's hard because EVERYTHING is SOOO cute!

Anonymous said...

Hello?!?!? Was our lunch not blog worthy? I guess you didn't want to brag about the cute waiter that kept smiling at you the whole time.