Sunday, March 16, 2008

Brandon Rhyder

I'm all into Texas music lately, thanks to Zane, so tonight I went to Ft. Worth to hear Brandon Rhyder. I've learned a lot of his songs over the last few months and thought, what the heck, it's Spring Break, so I can stay out late on a Sunday night for once. :) Since Zane's in Austin right now, I asked my friend Sarah to go with me. She had never heard any of Brandon's songs but she became a fan quickly. It was just him playing his guitar without a band so you can really focus more on the words and get a sense of his personality. I made a little video clip of one of my favorite songs "Freeze Frame Time." How cool to write a song and have 150 people sit there and sing it with you. That's got to be a neat feeling. If only I could sing and write songs! :) I like the sign behind him. It says Sit Down, Shut Up, and Listen.

Don't forget to wear green for St. Patrick's Day tomorrow!

1 comment:

Blaire said...

I miss you!!! I've spent all week doing NOTHING...my favorite thing to do. :) Now I'm just ready for summer break!! We need to meet for happy hour or something so we can catch up.