Tuesday, April 08, 2008

my sweet teeth

Yesterday after work I headed to Kroger's to buy stuff to make dinner last night. The frozen dinner I had eaten for lunch was long gone and I was hungry. I know better than to go grocery shopping when I'm hungry, but I didn't really have a choice. So what did I buy while shopping...Hostess Donettes!!! Thanks to Angie's recent post, I've been craving them for several days now. Thanks, Angie! :)

Almost everything else in my cart was pretty healthy except for these yummy donuts. As soon as I got home I ate a few while I cooked dinner. Then once we sat down to eat, I wasn't as hungry. Oops! :) On my way to work this morning, I remembered the donuts and was sad that I had forgotten to get some for breakfast. I guess I know what my snack will be this afternoon. :)

When I googled for a picture of hostess donettes, this cake came up. Now that's my kind of dessert right there! :)

6 comments:

angie said...

yum! of course, i have to read this when i am out of donettes at my house. don't worry, joel is getting some at the grocery store as i am typing. :)

Stacy said...

i heart hostess chocolate donettes. yum! the first step is admitting the addiction...

jill said...

Thanks Mandy - now all I can think about is donuts and twinkies and cupcakes and swiss rolls. 'preciate it!

Mandy said...

Oooo I forgot about Swiss rolls. I can't remember the last time I had one of those. They're yummy too! :) As far as the donuts...I'm blaming Angie. ;)

ashley said...

STOP THE MADNESS!!!

Megan said...

i love sweet treats. i love nursing b/c i can put away tons of sweets & not see the results :)