Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mother's Day and The Pioneer Woman

My mom came to visit me for Mother's Day last weekend. A little backwards, I know. But she hadn't been to Dallas in a while so we decided it would be a good weekend for her to come here. She's a good sport like that. :) If you've never been to the Dallas Farmers Market, I would highly recommend it! We went there on Saturday morning and bought some vegetables. The flowers were gorgeous too but with living in an apartment, I have no place for them. My one pot of petunias is all I have room for.


We also went to see Made of Honor. It was such a cute movie! Michelle Monaghan's red highlights made me want some. We did some shopping after church on Sunday. I can always trust my mom's judgment when I try on clothes! Then I took her down to the Ft. Worth Stockyards for dinner. We had fun. Thanks for coming to visit, Mom!


The Pioneer Woman

A few months ago I came across http://www.thepioneerwoman.com/. It is my new favorite website. It's this lady that lives on a ranch in Oklahoma and she blogs alomost everyday. My favorite part is her recipes she puts on there. She puts a picture of EVERY step to the recipe as she's making it. It's quite helpful for people like me!

Every now and then she has giveaways of really cool stuff. Today it's a kitchen aid mixer. http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/ All you have to do is leave a comment answering the question she asks. Then she uses a generator that picks a comment randomly and that's the winner. She loves photography, obviously from her great photos, so she's given away a camera and a printer before too. So I was looking at her blog this morning and she already has over 5,000 comments after posting just this morning!

She writes all about her life on a ranch, how she met her husband after moving back from California, cooking, etc. She hass a great sense of humor! She's even thinking about hosting a ranch version of the Bachelor to help find a girlfriend for her husband's cousin. (http://thepioneerwoman.com/2008/05/heels_to_wheels_part_deux.html)


I'm going to make her stuffed jalapeno recipe (http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/07/bacon-wrapped_j/) for Bunco Friday night. I've made them on a campfire and a grill before but never in the oven. Yummy! Just reading her cooking site makes me hungry! Next I want to try her chocolate sheet cake but I'm afraid I'll eat too much of it.



Anyway...just thought I'd share this website with you in case you needed some good recipes with easy to follow directions and pictures. :) Enjoy!

2 comments:

angie said...

i like to read the pioneer woman's blog, too. i love the pictures for the recipes! i keep holding out hope that i will win something from one of her contests. :)

jill said...

I've read her recipe website too and it's good stuff. It's not like all the cooking shows that have fancy recipes with ingrediants I would never use. When is school out for the summer? Should be coming up right?