Monday, May 19, 2008

graduation and puppies

It's 95 degrees outside right now at 6:00 in the evening!!! I hope that doesn't mean we're going to have a miserably hot summer! Ugh!

Last week I went to see my friend Karen get her masters degree at DBU. We taught across the hall from each other in 2nd grade for 6 years. Her family was not fond of the "behave yourselves" rules about no cheering for the graduates until the end. It was quite funny. All you could do was quietly stand and show your support as they walked across the stage. Her dad was frustrated at this rule. I sat next to her son who is in the 4th grade. He had quite a short attention span so we entertained each other. After it was all over, I thought I was going to have to call for help to find my car. A good sense of direction is something I was definitely not born with! But luckily I remembered my way back. :)

Congrats, Karen!!! You're going to make a great principal!


This past weekend I went with a friend to pick up his new puppy. Isn't she adorable?!?! It makes me want one sooooo badly. But I don't think I'm quite ready for the responsibility and expense of having a dog. I'd have to leave it in its crate a lot and I would feel bad about that. And I'd also hate having to take it out if I got home late at night. Plus it wouldn't have a yard to play in. See? I'm just not ready. But the summertime sure would be a good time to get a puppy because I'd have time to train it. No, I better not! :)


She likes to sleep as much as I do!

I think I'm going to go home for Memorial Day weekend. We're off on Friday because it's a bad weather day we never had to use. So I think I'll take advantage of my 4 day weekend to go see my nieces. I bought Reanne some books at the Book Fair last week. I guess now I need to find something for Jaisle.

No comments: