Thursday, May 29, 2008

Memorial Day weekend

I had a good time at home last weekend. Friday night my brother and 2 nieces came over and we grilled. I didn’t get to make those stuffed peppers for Bunco a couple of weeks ago so we tried them out Friday night instead. They were yummy!

It’s funny how some peppers were hotter than others. The hot ones would always catch you off guard, for some reason. My dad made the Pioneer Woman’s chocolate sheet cake.


It was very similar to my mom’s recipe. We have some picky eaters that don’t like walnuts, so some of the icing has nuts and some doesn’t. When I was growing up I had to learn to like them or I wouldn’t get dessert. But now for the grandchildren, we do whatever they want!

Jaisle and Ree playing with makeup


I told them when I was their age and my brother would see me playing in makeup, he would say, “I didn’t know we were playing clowns!” It used to make me so mad. I thought I was doing such a good job and then he would make fun of me.

J doing what she does best!


Chad and his girls

Saturday night I met Tina and Cynthia, a couple of friends from high school, at Ponchatoula's for supper. We ran into Andrew and Ashley James there. I hadn't seen them in years! It's funny how when I'm in Ruston, I feel like I'm supposed to know almost everyone I see, but it's getting less and less like that. But sometimes I like knowing that I can run to Wal-Mart here and most likely not bump into anyone I know. Depends on how bad I look and if I'm in a hurry. For those of you that haven't been back to Ruston in a while, you would be amazed at all the changes, especially on Tech's campus. Be careful on the new one way street in front of Wal-Mart. :) And there's a new exit off I-20. They are moving on up...now there are FOUR exits.
On another note, please pray for my Bunco friend Melinda. She was put into ICU last weekend with viral spinal meningitis. She is out of ICU and hopes to go home today. Doctor's orders are to rest and she is going to have a hard time doing that. Thanks for your prayers for her!

one last pic of Aunt Mandy and her girls

4 comments:

Carrie said...

How fun!!!!!!!!! I can't believe how big they are getting!!! Glad you enjoyed it!

Shandra said...

gosh, your nieces are growing up!

jill said...

I almost called you this past weekend but then I read your blog and realized you were out of town. Looks like you had fun. I don't think I"ve ever seen a picture of your brother. You guys look alike.
And if you ever need to try out any more of Pioneer Womans recipes just call me up and I"ll taste them for you.

Mandy said...

Yep, my nieces are getting older but their Aunt Mandy is staying young. :) Jilly Bean, I'll cook for you anytime you're up for an adventure.