Friday, June 20, 2008

lazy summer days

Ahhh, I love Fridays! I've been teaching summer school Monday through Thursdays and it's really not too bad. I have a couple of kids that have a bad attitude about being there (who can blame them!), but other than that, it's been ok. One day last week we were working on decimals so I had found 2 really good websites that had a ton of fun decimal games. Right after I started them on the computers, a district coordinator walked in. I could tell she wasn't happy to see them on the computers. But I figured we have 3 1/2 hours to work on one concept then by golly I can use some of that time on the computer. It wasn't like they were goofing off or I was sitting at my desk. But no, that afternoon she told my summer school supervisor that computers weren't allowed. Hello?!?! All year my district brags and brags about how computer savvy we are and ahead of other districts, blah blah blah, but apparently when it comes to getting ready for the TAKS test, computers don't help. I was just a little frustrated, can you tell? Anyway...sorry to go off about that. :)

But what I really enjoy is having Fridays off! :) Unfortunately it's been cloudy or rainy the last couple of days so I haven't been able to go to the pool. But the "cooler" weather is nice. It's been nice having some down time lately. But unfortunately I start shopping when I have free time and that's not good. Last weekend I bought some closet organizer stuff. Now if only I would use them! :) This week I went to the Sam Moon area and bought a purse and jewelry I didn't really need. Who knows what I'll buy today. I've also been enjoying going to hear some live music lately. My friend Sarah went with me to hear Deryl Dodd. He's a great entertainer and such a cutie.


He didn't know I was going to be there so he was excited to see me in the crowd. We're tight like that. jk!

Last weekend I went to see one my favorites, Walt Wilkins.
His wife Tina was with him too.

Some of the gang at my friend Mike's b-day dinner at Red Hot & Blue--
he's the tall one in the middle

2 comments:

Shandra said...

i can't believe they don't want the kids on the computers. that doesn't even makes sense!

Unknown said...

Summer school sucks! You should quit and let the "district supervisor" come teach the class! Just joking - I know you are doing a great job and that the kids love you. We need to get together soon!