Monday, June 02, 2008

thank you, kristi

Saturday night Kristi and I ventured out to Dallas to listen to some live music with our sunburned selves. (We had enjoyed a little too much pool time that afternoon.) I know we'll regret it when we're old and have wrinkly leather skin, but until then...oh well. So we went to a late dinner and then to listen to one of the Texas country singers I like, Josh Grider. Kristi probably won't admit how much she loved the music (yeah right!) but she was a nice friend to go with me. I guess now I owe you one, Kristi.

Here are some of the lyrics to one of his songs "Crazy Like You" that I like...

Well people sing songs all the time
Bout fallin in love and losing their minds
But it ain't love that drives folks mad
It's livin this life day in, day out
Tryin to figure out what it's all about
The who's, the when's, the where's, the why's, and the maybe's

I looked high, I looked low, looked far, looked wide
Before I looked in a mirror and I realized
I spend my time lookin for the wrong thing
A perfect insane would be so mundane
A man like me, I'm subject to change
And I'm lookin for someone whose tracks'll fit my train

I found me a girl and she's five foot four
And I never found a girl that I dote more
We are in tune and out of touch with all the same things
And she's as wild and mean as a deep blue sea
And pure and sweet as honey from a bee
And I love her to death, cuz that girl's crazy just like me

The chorus:
I say everybody's crazy so what you need to do
You need to find somebody crazy like you
Someone you can fuss and fight with
And when you make up then you can kiss all night with
Someone who shares your particular point of view
Oh they're bound to be crazy, just make sure they're crazy like you


So I guess I've been going at it all wrong. What I should've been doing was looking for someone crazy like me. :) Now I get it!
here's Josh singing at a music festival I went to in April

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, I am amazing. Don't forget it. :)

Mandy said...

well, I don't remember saying that, but I guess it's close enough :)

jill said...

I'd like for you to sing the song and record it and post it on youtube. It's just not the same to read the lyrics.

Mandy said...

I'll sing it to you on Saturday, JB. :)