Tuesday, January 17, 2006

H-Town

What a great time we had in Houston this weekend. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of when we were at Chuy's so not everyone is in these pictures....sorry! Matt Landrum really enjoyed having a bunch of chatty girls at his house this weekend. It was HIS choice to stay up till 1:00 with us both nights to have girl talk. :) He loved it! And that Baby Andrew...well, he's just about perfect in every way! And boy, does he love to be photographed! Jessica learned lots of ways to use her yearbook camera this weekend thanks to Linda. She'll also be going out to buy a sandwich-maker soon. If you've never tried it, put ranch on your turkey sandwich next time. It's yummy! Todd took a couple of hours out of his busy schedule to meet up with us for dinner at Chuy's. But he was text-messaging the whole time so I'm not sure if it really counts. Maybe his Tech friends aren't as fun as his Houston friends. But what guy wouldn't be jealous of him. He got to have dinner with 9 women and eat a salad at the same time. :) Good luck at your marathon next weekend! Run, Richards, run!

Like on Michelle's blog, here are some things I learned this weekend...


If you're like me and like to make good timing on road trips, don't travel with Jessica. She likes to make frequent stops. I missed half of Desperate Housewives but we'll blame that on slow service at Sonic.

I will try Deborah's trick of not washing my husband's clothes someday. But I will not try Michelle's trick. Poor Dan! ;)

When I'm ready to buy a house someday, I will go to Matt Landrum for advice. He's an expert at living within your means.

West Elm...whatever it is...closes early.

Parking at the Galleria costs $2/hour. For 6 hours, that's $12. Right, Linda? And the DoubleTree Hotel is within walking distance.

Anyway...maybe we can rotate between Houston and Dallas and have little reunions more often. Thanks for the laughs! It was some good times!

P.S. This is a pic of the computer that Shandra blogs from all day.

10 comments:

Shandra said...

Yes, that is the computer I blog from, but it doesn't stay on my kitchen table!! :) Cute blog!! Cute pics! Cute baby!! :)

Mandy said...

I re-published it, just for you. :) Thanks again for letting us stay at your house. It was a blast! Ok, so now that I've used up way too much time bloggin on my day off, I'm getting up to do soemthing else. :)

Shandra said...

You're welcome and y'all come back any time!!!

Todd Richards said...

I sent one text message... cut me some slack. (sorry... I know that is rude to do, but someone asked me a question that I had to respond to)

I enjoyed my time with all you lovely ladies. Especially hearing all about the discontinued item that Kristi so dearly loves.

Jessica said...

i feel your pain, todd...it would have been nice for mandy to edify us, but alas, she has to use her anti-spiritual gift. that, my friend, was not a long trip. i can bring it on next time if you want to complain about stopping ONCE for me to go to the bathroom on the way home!!! the swing through the outlet mall in search of the ralph lauren store does not count since, indeed, we never stopped and got out since the store was no longer there.

elly said...

I'm glad you all had a good time when you where together 'cause you sure do sound grouchy now!!! I am glad to see that computer! Definately a cute baby - he is such a happy guy - unlike some other people I know!

Mandy said...

So I've noticed...the more often I blog, the less comments I get. What's up with that?!?! :)

Shandra said...

actually carrie's been busy at work so there's where all your comments went!

Jessica said...

we're trying to teach you a lesson.

Shandra said...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz