Sunday, January 22, 2006

Rainin' and Bloggin'

Yeaaa, it’s finally raining in the Metroplex!!! We’ve been needing rain forever! So now, Justin Bufkin, let the grilling continue. Oh wait…you still grilled even when there was a ban in effect, right? :) It’s also 45 degrees outside, which is way too cold for me, but that’s ok, as long as it’s raining. It was a good afternoon for a nap.

I’ve really enjoyed linking to so many different people’s blogs lately. It’s especially fun when there are pictures. The computer teacher at school is having a blog training in a few weeks to teach us how to use blogs for our classrooms. I felt special that I already knew what a blog even was. If it wasn’t for my Tech friends, I would still be clueless. I figure one blog is plenty for me to keep updated for now. Not enough of the kids in my class own computers for me to go to that trouble. I’m still waiting on Carrie, Linda, Stacy, and Jill to start their blogs though. hint hint! Don’t say it’s because you’ve got nothing to write about…look at me, I don’t either! :)

I linked to the Commonground Band’s website and noticed that they’re playing at FBC Grapevine in 2 weeks. Does anyone want to go?

11 comments:

meredith said...

The rain is refreshing. What moron grilles when a burn ban is in effect.... I will investigate. Another week of school for the school teachers. Weeeeeeeeee!

Michael, Meg & Naomi said...

Listen here, Mandy. Please do not come down so hard on the Justin for grilling b/c those of us who benefitted from said grilling will not appreciate it much.

Deborah said...

Do yall have those arson and burn ban signs in the Dallas area, too?? Since when is arson not banned??

Shandra said...

Carrie won't start a blog b/c she thinks she is too busy...but yet she finds time to comment on ours!! Go figure!

Anonymous said...

I'm just nosey and want to read what goes on with other people but I don't want anyone to know my business!
Jill

Shandra said...

Jill...we know you have no business!! And why didn't you comment on my blog?? I don't feel the love!

Mandy said...

Maybe if I had been invited to the grilling out party, I wouldn't be bitter. :) Yep, Deb, I thought the same thing when I saw those signs.
I have a feeling Jill is about to give in to temptation and start herself a blog, people. Do it, Jilly Bean! Do it like a Choctaw! (that MC cheer is for Carrie and Todd) :)

Anonymous said...

Mandy--you are crackig me up. It's not that I don't have time, it's I have nothing to say!!! My life in a nutshell...make it through a day without killing Josh. (He might get kicked out...BAD day today...keep your fingers crossed!!!)

Kim said...

I'm so jealous! RAIN! WOW! We haven't had rain in like ... well, I can't even remember! I wish it would rain though. It would give all the Okie rednecks something better to do than drive around throwing lit firecrackers out the windows to start the wildfires!

meredith said...

Next time we have a "burn ban grilling" you are invited. In the meantime, I will try to refrain from arson until the burn ban is lifted.

Megan said...

this once a week posting isn't cutting it. you cannot be that busy :) looking forward to your next entry.