Tuesday, August 05, 2008

july

Wow, July really flew by! Lots of fun things happened around here. I'll start with my trip to Navarre Beach in Florida. It was a blast! Unfortunately my tan is already fading. :(


On our first day we found this blue raft that someone had left on the beach. So Mike and I headed out to float and there are Wendi and Jaleen on the right floating too. Looks fun, right?


Well it was until the bottom of the raft tore and we fell out. It was hilarious. No wonder someone left it on the beach!


The next day Jaleen and I ventured out in one of those orange kayaks. It reminded me of canoeing at Cho-Yeh. :) The jellyfish and algae showed up our third day there. Needless to say, I didn't get in the ocean after that! Here's a blob of jellyfish that some kids had collected from the water and dumped onto the beach. We watched several people come in from the water after getting stung. Luckily no one in our group did. But we decided we liked the sand and pool just fine.


We drove to Pensacola 2 different nights. Isn't the sky beautiful?!


Here are the tan girls after a couple of days in the sun. We're waiting for our table at Flounders.



Here's a cool sandcastle. I told them I was going to blog and say we made it. But we didn't really. :)



Our condo was on the 10th floor in the 2nd building from the left. What a pretty view! I could sit and listen to the waves forever!




Here are Wendi and I in our opposite outfits ready for a night out close to Destin.


On our way home Mike wanted to take a little detour and have beignets for breakfast at Cafe Du Monde in New Orleans. Notice the powdered sugar on my pants. :) I swear there must be a pound of sugar on your plate! We decided we wanted to get home in the afternoon instead of late at night so we left Florida around 2:00 a.m. and got to New Orleans around 5:30. There are some interesting folks out at that time of the morning. I think most of them were still up from the day before. Here are Melissa and I after breakfast, so anxious to get back in the car for the rest of the drive.


It was a great trip and was so relaxing! The day after I got back, my mom and 2 nieces came for a visit. I'll blog about that next. :)

3 comments:

Shandra said...

i'm jealous! i. want. to. go. to. the. BEACH! :) looks like you had fun!!!

Mandy said...

I highly recommend it! I'd be glad to go as your nanny!!! :)

B-HO said...

MANDY--I just ran across your blog and your heading makes me laugh really hard---My motto exactly!!Life is too short---I miss your FOOLIO self!!Lets get together next time you are in town---tear tear I am getting a bit misty eyed remembering our CHO Yeh days!!