Tuesday, August 05, 2008

my 31st birthday . . .

(Once again, it says I'm posting this on Tuesday, but that's just when I wrote it.)
A group of friends took me to the Cheesecake Factory in Southlake the night of my 31st birthday. Most of them I have taught with at some point in the past. Some are in my Bunco group too.

Kristi has met some of them so I was glad that she came too



Mike and Wendi


Koby and Gina

Me getting sung to



my peanut butter cheesecake
(my favorite part is the glob of creamy peanut butter stuff on top)
Makes my mouth water just thinking about it. :)



Tim and Krista



Chris and Sarah



Greg and I (also a La Tech graduate, but several years before me)


Melinda and Wendi



Audra and I



Then a few nights later Kristi and Jill took me out to Mi Chula's, a new Mexican restaurant in Southlake. We usually frequent La Hacienda Ranch but we decided to branch out. Jill brought yummy Sprinkles cupcakes for dessert. Thank you, girls! It was fun!!!


Then Kristi and I went to see Mamma Mia. I had already seen it but was willing to go again so maybe I could sing along this time. The theater got crowded and I, unfortunately, had to move over right next to a stranger. I hate sitting that close to someone I don't know in a movie, especially when I have intentions of singing along. :)



Then a few days later some friends from my 1st school in Irving took me out for my birthday dinner. We try to get together about once a month but it doesn't always end up happening. Kelli (in the blue) moved to Oklahoma last summer so we haven't seen her all year. Luckily she was in town for a wedding so she got to join us. Brenda (standing up) teaches Read Right like I do. Karen and Lisa teach in HEB now, but they also live in Euless and are members of my gym so we see each other pretty often. I'm sure our waiter loved how long we stayed at his table visiting after we finished our meal.


Thank you to all of you that sent me a b-day message on facebook, myspace, etc. I really appreciate you helping make the 1st anniversary of my 30th birthday special! (That's what Koby calls it.)

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I was LOVING your post until the peanut butter cheesecake was mentioned. I AM SO JEALOUS!!!!

Shandra said...

MANDY, seriously, i've NEVER seen someone celebrate their birthday as much as ME!! :) seems like you had a good one!