Tuesday, August 05, 2008

more of july...

(This says I'm posting this on Tuesday but I actually just wrote it as a draft on Tuesday. I can't get the date to change when I post it.)
The day after I got home from the beach, my mom and nieces came to visit me for the week. The girls had never been to an amusement park so my mom wanted them to get to experience Six Flags. What a great Gran and Aunt they have because it was HOT out there!!!


Reanne and I at the 3D Space show ride


Ree and Jaisle at the Cirque Dreams Coobrila show


J and Gran on the hot air balloon ferris wheel ride



I introduced them to iFratelli's pizza


There was lots of time at the pool.


We spent an evening at Incredible Pizza (like Dave & Busters for kids).





We went to see the Space Chimps movie. When I was home for July 4th I went to see the Kung Fu Panda. I've now met my quota of kids movies for a while! I want real live humans in my movies for a while. :)

I took them to play at Pump It Up which has 2 rooms full of huge inflatable games. It makes me think of the Temple Tech Welcome Back party we used to have in the Family Life Center at the old Temple building. :) Good times!





Their last night here we went to Babe’s (Chicken House) for my b-day dinner. Chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes is my most favorite meal. The girls tried to find me a date but this guy was a little too shy for me! ;)



Reanne and I enjoying our meal



Jaisle and my mom after dinner



Then we tried to go up in the Reunion Tower to show them the view of Dallas but it was closed for renovations until next year.


My mom made a chocolate sheet cake with peanut butter icing for my 31st birthday. YUMMY!!!


It was a great week. On the way home my nieces were already talking about how we need to go a waterpark next time. My apartment sure was quiet after they left since I was used to having roommates at the beach for a week and then my family here for a week. But things haven't slowed down much since. The day they left was my birthday so I'll post pics from that next time.

1 comment:

Southern Plate said...

Aww, what a sweet cake! I am going to have to arrange candles like that for my daughter's next birthday, never thought of doing it that way!

Just happened across your blog! You have a very fun and happy life!
Christy