Tuesday, August 26, 2008

a new school year

Day 2 is done and I have blisters on my feet. :( I knew better than to wear new sandals on a day that would involve tons of walking around the school. And now I know the rest of the week, no matter which shoes I pick out to wear, they're all going to rub my blisters. ugh! Oh well, life goes on.

Here's the bulletin board I put up in the hall outside my room. The other 2 teachers that shared my room with me last year moved to other rooms so it's just me and a teacher's aide who's also going to do Read Right with me. It's been fun decorating and reorganizing. I even found popcorn border. :)




I've been working the lunch shift from 10:30-12:30. Those sweet little kindergarteners look like they'd be so much fun to teach but I don't think I have enough patience for them. :) But sometimes it's tempting. It would be neat to watch them experience all of their "firsts" of school. Just watching them go through the lunch line and carry their tray to the table was pretty funny. They'd be looking in one direction and their tray was going the other direction. Some of them look too little to be at school yet. I can only imagine their moms feel, Michelle. ;)

Last Friday night I went to the Cowboys game against the Texans. I told Karen's little boy that where we were going had a hole in the roof. He didn't believe me until we got there. See the hole? :)


He was quite the entertainment. It was his first Cowboys game and he had a blast! Here he is using the binoculars backwards trying to find his hand.


This is the mascot Rowdy.


Brenda came down to visit us during halftime.


Karen and I after the game. Can you tell we were hot?! There wasn't much of a breeze inside the stadium.


Ok, gotta go get ready for Day 3. Goodnight!

4 comments:

Carrie said...

OK--you need sleep and to take care of your blistes. If you even THINK teaching Kinder would be ok you're crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Mandy said...

I guess I got caught up in the moment. :) Still not sure what shoes I'm gonna wear tomorrow. Think my principal would mind if I wore tennis shoes? Yes! If not, huge bandaids will not be attractive with sandals. :)

Shandra said...

awww...Kinder is GREAT! you are right, mandy...it's fun to see all their firsts! however, i'd stick to reading! :)

glad you're back to working so i won't be jealous of all your traveling!!!

Unknown said...

I can't believe you didn't get a picture of Romo! You need to work on that next time you go, Ok?