Monday, August 14, 2006

hi ho, hi ho, it's back to work I go...

Today was my last official day off for the summer. :( Now it's time to finish getting my classroom ready, sit through 4 days of boring trainings that only end up overwhelming me, then get ready for the kids to come. Jessica started school today and Carrie starts tomorrow. But since Irving goes to school until the middle of June (practically!), I still have a few more days to go. It's sad that I'm already looking forward to having Labor Day off, isn't it? :)
So did anyone besides Carrie and I watch the Ron Clark movie last night? I think all of us teachers should take a road trip to Atlanta to observe him in his classroom this year. He's going to be teaching 3rd grade, just like me. He said the other day that they're encouraging teachers to come to his Academy. While we're on that side of the country, we can swing through Savannah and meet Paula Deen's family...right, Jessica? ;)

Well, since I always get in trouble for never posting, I thought I would tonight before I get busy the rest of the week. And now do you see why I don't post when I have nothing to say? :) Here are the pictures I tried to put on my last post.

Michael and Meg...

The yummy cake Jessica brought...
And the girls...

8 comments:

Shandra said...

I saw some of that movie. I didn't realize it was based on a true story and figured it was like all those other school movies where the teacher becomes the hero and all the kids pass. Bummer I didn't watch it all!

Anonymous said...

Mandy..today was day 1 and I am already asking for June! I am WORN OUT! Whew...I have a good group though! :)

Jessica said...

i, too, saw the movie. a teacher friend and i are planning on going to hotlanta to visit the school. the website says it's not open to visitors until the spring of 07, though. and, i'm afraid that savannah is not exactly on the way, my dear.

Stacy said...

hey even though i'm not a teacher, can i come along for the ride and catch a braves game??? maybe they'll be good next year...

Mandy said...

Of all people, Jessica, I thought you would be willing to go meet Bobby...I mean Paula Deen. :)

Yes, Stacy, we would definitely be able to fit in a Braves game. I've never been to one there.

Carrie, glad your day went well. Mine was pretty nonproductive. My team lead wasn't there for me to see her room and get ideas of what to put on the walls. And with no freakin' windows, I couldn't peek in!

Shan, you should catch the rerun sometime b/c it was good. :)

Anonymous said...

Miss Mandy..hope tomorrow goes well. Don't forget the key...maybe there isn't a chance of rain! hehehe! Today was MUCH better...I at least got to catch my breath! Have fun meeting people! :)

Jessica said...

Such fun! Good luck with your new year! Oh, and happy birthday too!

Megan said...

of course, i want you to come visit too! i hope your having fun back at school. let us know when you make a trip to ruston!