Tuesday, August 01, 2006

I’m giving in to the pressure to update…

Some of you just have no patience. :) Well, July was one long, busy month! I went to Ruston a couple of weeks ago and brought my dad back with me to help me pack up my apartment. Then my mom came, then the movers came, and now I’m all moved in. My new apartment is only about a mile from my old one. But the old neighborhood was starting to change, then Kristi’s car got broken into, so I decided I better find a new ‘hood. I would love for you to come by and visit sometime. I now have 2 bedrooms so you’d have your own bedroom. :) One of my favorite new additions is these French chef curtains. Cute, huh? And I still love the Peach Festival poster. It reminds me of my Ruston roots. :) Most of my apartment is red since that’s my favorite color.

I have a technology training tomorrow. I hate it when August comes because then I know my summer is just about over. :( I know, I know, for those of you that work year-round, you couldn’t care less. But for the teachers out there, you understand!

My next adventure is packing up my classroom at my old school and moving all my stuff to my new school. What a big job it’s going to be! I am NOT looking forward to it! Teachers are big pack-rats! We have to spend our own money on almost all of our supplies so you hate to give or throw things away. But I’m very ready to be out of there and get new principals. So even though I’m nervous about teaching 3rd grade…and TAKS…I’m excited too.

I went to see Kenny Chesney, Dierks Bentley, and Pat Green a couple of weeks ago. Carrie Underwood performed first but we were hiking through the parking pasture at that time. If any of you DFW people haven’t been to the new Pizza Hut Park in Frisco, take lots of cash with you! Parking was $20! And it took forever to get out of there. But the concerts were good and it wasn’t as hot as we thought it would be because the sun went behind the stadium. I tried to post a pic of Kenny and Uncle Kracker but can't get it to work.

I’ve gotten to spend a lot of time with my friends Mike and Wendi this summer. Mike teaches PE at my old school and Wendi taught 4th grade (that’s where they met, then they got married). Now she’s moving to be a vice principal. These are their precious kids Riley and Connor.

While I was in Ruston I got to hang out with my nieces some. Here they are. Ree’s going to be a first grader this year and J. will be in the 6th grade. I’m so glad I never have to go back to that awkward time of growing up. I much preferred college! Mostly because that’s where I met most of you that are reading this. :)

I hate that I never made it to Houston and College Station this summer. I will have to put that off until a weekend this fall sometime. Well, I hope this new post makes up for the all the time I wasn’t updating. I hope to see some of you soon.

P.S. Thanks to all of the birthday wishes on here. I was without internet last week while moving and wasn't able to write back. But I appreciated them all. :)

8 comments:

Shandra said...

it's about time!!! :) your older niece looks like she could go to tech. maybe the shirt threw me, but i thought she looked older.

Anonymous said...

OH MY WORD! I can't believe the girls are that big. Where does time go??? Precious! I miss that Ruston poster! :) Tech plays at A&M this year...in Sept...you outta come for that. Fun times! We have a good firemen school (so they say) and people come from EVERYWHERE! They were just here and I thought of you. You could have met one...there was one from Hawaii!! :) This is a long comment...later!

Mandy said...

Yes, I will have to try to come to the Tech and A&M game. I hate I missed out on the firemen...and their uniforms!!! :)

Jessica said...

Sounds like you've had one busy summer! Those curtains are so cute! I never hung them up when we lived in a apartment, now I wish we would have! I also like red too, it's starting to be 'splashed' around our home. I'm even thinking of making Derek paint one wall in our bedroom some shade of red. Good luck with the school move!

Deborah said...

Wow is Reanne a little Mandy or what! Good luck on the classroom move. I still have stuff from teaching..I finally gave all my teaching magazines to my SIL. I'm sure you have a lot of stuff. Have a fun last few days!

knelson said...

LOVE the curtains & the poster. Those are my colors, too!! The children are so ya'll - I see the Ginn genes!

Michelle said...

hope your birthday was great!!

Shandra said...

you need to update again! :P